PM Ujjawala Yojana 2022: Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi had announced PM Ujjawala Yojana on 1st May 2016 with the slogan of “Clean Fuel, Better Life” . Under this scheme, the central government will distribute 50 million LPG connections to women from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Under this, domestic LPG connections are being given to BPL families so that they too can get rid of the life filled with chulha smoke. All Applicants Who Are Interested to Apply Online So Download Official Notification and Read All Eligibility Criteria and Application Process carefully.
This scheme was launched in 2016 in different states of India and while launching this scheme the government has targeted that around 5 crore LPG connections will be provided to BPL families at the rate of Rs 1600 per connection and the main objective of PM Ujjawala Yojana . The focus is in our rural areas where women are still dependent on firewood, charcoal and other materials for their cooking and because of this, smoke is very harmful for them and it adversely affects their health and can lead to respiratory problems. There are many health problems like diseases.
There are more than 24 crore households out of which 10 crore do not have gas connection, they are still deprived of it, and they all depend on firewood, dung and other items for their cooking. In view of this situation, on 1st May 2016, our Honorable Prime Minister has launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, under which all the households which do not have gas connection and belong to BPL family will be provided gas connection. Under PM Ujjawala Yojana applicants will be provided with the first refill and a hotplate free of cost. The registration process has also been made easy.
Table of Contents
PM Ujjawala Yojana 2022 – Overview
|scheme name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|commencement date||01 May 2016|
|the main purpose||Provide LPG connection to women from BPL families|
|Other Objectives||Reducing health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of impure fossil fuels|
|target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 crore BPL families by the year 2018-19|
|stipulated time frame||3 Years, Financial Years 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|total budget||Rupee. 8000 crore|
|financial help||Rupee. 1600/- per LPG connection.|
|Eligibility||all ration card holder families|
Documents Required for PM Ujjwala Yojana 2022 (PM Ujjwala Yojana 2022 – Important Documents)
There are certain documents required to be submitted while applying for PM Ujjawala Yojana Scheme, and below we have listed all the documents:
- BPL certificate which was issued by the Chairman of Municipality (Urban Area) or Panchayat (Rural Area).
- identity card
- Aadhar card
- voter card
- BPL Ration Card.
- Aadhaar number of all family members.
- passport size photograph of the applicant
- caste certificate
- Address proof
- Declaration form which must be signed by the applicant.
- Applicant Jan Dhan Bank Account Details
- and bank passbook for dbt
Selection of Beneficiary under PM Ujjwala Yojana 2022 ( PM Ujjawala Yojana 2022 – Selection of Beneficiary)
The selection of the beneficiary for PM Ujjawala Yojana will be done by identifying the BPL families from the SECC list or the BPL family falling under any one of the following categories –
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural)
- SC/ST families
- forest dweller
- most backward class
- Tea and former tea garden tribes
- people living in islands and river islands
Application Process for PM Ujjwala Yojana 2022 (PM Ujjwala Yojana 2022 – Application Process)
To apply for PM Ujjawala Yojana applicants have to download the application form which are available in Hindi and English and along with the application form you also have to submit the KYC (Know Your Customer) form, both these forms are available on the official website. .
Below are some steps to download Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala application form online, by following which you can download the online application form, which is as follows –
- To download the application form of PM Ujjwala Yojana 2022, first of all you have to visit the official website of PMUY www.pmujjwalayojana.com .
- Now the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- You can easily find the download application form link on the home page of the website.
- Now select the language of your choice (English or Hindi).
- And once you have selected the language the application form will appear to you in PDF format.
- Save the file and take a print out of it.
- After downloading the application form, fill all the information mentioned in it like applicant’s name, age address, date of application, AHL TIN no, applicant’s signature, etc.
- Also paste the photograph at the required place.
- Apply to nearest LPG distributor along with all required documents and KYC form.
- Once you submit the form your details and document will be swivel verified.
- And after successfully verified they will release the connection.
Note: – For more information related to PM Ujjawala Yojana , you can check its official website.
PM Ujjawala Yojana 2022 – FAQs
Q1. Who can apply for PM Ujjwala Yojana ?
Ans. Only those families can apply for PMUY scheme which belong to BPL families.
Q2. How can I apply for PM Ujjwala Yojana ?
Ans. To apply for PMUY you have to first fill the application form and then submit it along with all relevant documents to the nearest LPG distributor.